Join VHB! Named Zweig Group's Best Firms to work for in the U.S.
VHB, a nationally recognized leader in design, is looking to expand our Civil Design team and is seeking a Civil/Site Engineer with 4+ years of primarily private sector experience to join our Hauppauge office.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work with a team of professionals to support our Hauppauge civil site engineering projects
- Assist in the preparation of permitting, design and construction documents
- Responsible for project task financial performance, and management of small or medium projects
- Responsible for engaging in business development and for client relations
- Prepare and/or review design criteria, drawings, and specifications
- Prepare Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Contract Documentation
- Technical and Design Report writing
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Responsible for quality of work output
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience in all aspects of site civil engineering for residential and commercial site design including grading and drainage design, utility design site and roadway layout
- Solid understanding of the typical land entitlement process in Hauppauge including permitting/approvals with agencies, including Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
- Complete understanding of the New York State Stormwater Management Regulations
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience in preparing graphics and maps
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 4+ years of civil/site engineering experience, with some experience occurring on land development projects in the private sector or public sectors
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD and/or StormCAD experience, with preference being in Civil 3D and HydroCAD
- We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas at this time
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
New employees beginning prior to Labor Day 2020 will likely be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.