VHB is currently seeking a Land Development Manager to join our Raleigh, NC office. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. VHB has consistently been rated as one of the top Engineering Firms to work for up and down the East coast, was awarded “Employer of the Year” by WTS in 2019, and a 96% approval rating for the CEO on Glassdoor.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Lead a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of small, medium or large land development projects
- Assist in the preparation of land entitlement permitting documents
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 15+ years of professional civil engineering experience focusing on land development and civil/site engineering,
- Professional Engineering license
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with attention to details and ability to think critically
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of project teams.
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery, maintain and build Client relationships
- Have knowledge of and experience in all aspects of site civil engineering for residential and commercial site design including grading and drainage design, utility design site, and roadway layout
- Have a solid understanding of the typical land entitlement process in North Carolina including permitting at the local, state and federal level
- Have a track record of:
- significant interaction with Clients, local, state and federal agencies and staff
- assisting Clients on the repositioning, development, re-development and expansion of complex commercial, industrial residential sites to meet market demand
- leading an integrated design team to maximize development capacity of sites, meet development milestones and critical opening day schedules
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40+ years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
New employees beginning prior to Labor Day 2020 will likely be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.