Senior Marketing Specialist – Think Outside the Proposal Grind
Are you looking for a great opportunity to help drive the strategy and growth of an A/C/E firm in the New York Metro Area? VHB is seeking a talented marketing professional to provide proposal and visibility support for our Northeast Region. We are looking for a creative and energetic team member who enjoys competing for projects in the government, transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets and is interested in helping raise VHB’s prominence in the region.
VHB’s passionate professionals include marketers, engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients to deliver planning, engineering, survey, and environmental science projects. VHB offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to participate on regional and local committees including the Emerging Professionals Group, VHB Cares, and the Green Team. Come find out why Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) named VHB its national Employer of the Year in 2018!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of complex proposals and presentations, with oversight from Regional Marketing Manager.
- Works directly with senior-level technical staff to prepare proposal and other marketing materials, including writing and ensuring all sections of the proposal include differentiating win themes, and that sections are compliant, timely, and well written.
- Lead conferences and other industry events.
- Developing visibility initiatives (e-blasts, social media campaigns, VHB.com content, etc.).
- Organize and coach technical staff for presentations.
- Participates in Client Focus Team and Market Team strategy and implementation.
- Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit, in alignment with VHB’s Brand.
- Serves as a mentor to junior-level marketing staff. May serve as a peer QA/QC of proposals.
- Develops, updates, and maintains boilerplate content and manage ongoing reviews by technical and administrative staff. Adds to the proposal knowledge base.
- Maintaining VHB brand standards across all marketing efforts.
- Participating in marketing team meetings, workshops, and professional development activities.
As part of our Northeast marketing team, your diverse workload may include:
- Facilitating a Client Focus Team meeting
- Working with our full-time designer to create a focused campaign
- Drafting an e-blast
- Conducting a proposal kick-off meeting
- Coordinating a conference
- Collaborating with the team on an upcoming initiative
- Leading a strategy meeting for a future pursuit
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong writer, editor, and communicator with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking skills
- Able to develop compelling themes and explain separators and benefits in proposals
- Able to work well under deadline pressure, independently, if needed
- Able to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Comfortable working with staff in person and remotely
- Team player with a strong ability to work independently
- BS/BA degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or comparable field
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional experience in a marketing and/or communications role in the A/E/C industry
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Calendaring and Contact functions) required. Adobe platform and/or Microsoft Teams experience a plus.
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
New employees beginning prior to Labor Day 2020 will likely be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.