VHB has an immediate need for a Northeast Energy Market Leader to expand our growing energy practice in the New York/New Jersey region. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of the electric, oil & gas, renewables, and telecommunication markets and have firmly established relationships and contacts with public and private sector clients at the decision-making level within the greater New York/New Jersey Region. In addition to aiding in the development of marketing strategies aimed at new market penetration and client retention, the Northeast Energy Market Leader will also be responsible for managing key client relationships and coordinating and overseeing energy projects in the New York/New Jersey region. The position demands a proven ability to develop business, establish meaningful client relationships, manage projects and mentor staff. The Northeast Energy Market Leader will also be part of VHB’s Corporate Energy Practice and work with other corporate, regional, and state leadership representatives supporting various initiatives and strategic pursuits that have varying degrees of company impact.
- Conduct market research and analysis and collaborate with the Corporate Energy Market Leader and regional leadership to set the vision and strategy for the Energy Practice in the New York/New Jersey region
- Lead and develop a dynamic team of industry professionals
- Generate new business development opportunities and prepare winning proposals
- Set the strategic direction for the Energy Practice in the NY/NJ region
- Team with the Regional Marketing Director to lead go/no go and partnering decisions on strategic pursuits
- Key client relationship and contract management
- Serve as Principal-in-Charge or Senior Project Manager on select Energy projects
- Establish and track project milestones as well as quarterly business goals
- Team with the Regional Marketing Director to manage external visibility/promotional efforts
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a demonstrated track record of generating new business development opportunities and preparing winning proposals
- Must be knowledgeable in developing, leading, managing and executing multidisciplinary teams supporting the energy market with a particular focus in the engineering and environmental services to both public and private sector energy clients in New York and New Jersey
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills, including ability to mentor staff and successfully manage and coordinate projects requiring integrated services
- Must demonstrate superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Strong leadership and entrepreneurial qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, biology, engineering, planning, or a related physical sciences discipline; Master’s degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 15+ years of relevant professional experience in the energy market, with a focus in providing environmental and engineering services to various public and private sector energy clients in the New York/ New Jersey Region
- New York or New Jersey P.E. license or AICP certification and/or other environmental certifications relevant to the energy market are preferred
- Strong understanding of the routing, siting and permitting processes as it pertains to the electric transmission industry in New York and New Jersey
- Demonstrated experience in working in the renewable sectors in the New York/New Jersey Region, i.e., utility scale solar, offshore wind, energy storage, renewable natural gas, battery storage, etc.
- Experience in managing other staff members
- Demonstrated previous experience in developing the strategic framework necessary for growing a sustainable practice in the energy sector
- Strong collaboration skills and willingness to travel
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.