Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is seeking a Landscape Architect to join their growing Planning, Design, & Land Development Studio in Williamsburg, VA.
VHB has offices from Maine to Florida and offers a diverse range of integrated services in Landscape Architecture, Land Development, Transportation and Environmental Services. The staff of VHB includes landscape architects, engineers, planners, surveyors and environmental scientists who provide a full range of professional expertise and services including site design, master planning, and land planning. VHB strives to provide the best technical skills in each of our practice areas through a seamless, integrated team approach to collaboration. To address our clients’ dynamic needs, VHB has continued to grow and develop a diverse workforce that delivers personal service, value, responsiveness, and excellence.
Our past and present clients include the U.S. Department of the Interior, including the National Park Service, Army Corps. of Engineers, and Forest Service, State DOT’s, municipalities and private interests throughout the eastern United States.
- Landscape Architect for a variety of projects including corporate/commercial, residential, institutional, hospitality, parks and recreation and various other types of public and private site development
- Verbal presentation and representation of projects
- Design charrette team member
- Travel as necessary to service projects/design
- Participation as an integral member of VHB’s Planning and Land Development Design practice, which includes collaboration and work sharing with VHB’s offices throughout the East Coast.
- Works with and coordinates with LA Manager
Skills & Abilities:
- Highly Proficient in the following; AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Rendering Software and Visualization Applications. ArcGIS and MicroStation desirable
- Skills to implement the integrated services approach. Comprehensive understanding of design, details, and construction drawing preparation including site layout, grading, hardscape, drainage, and planting.
- Knowledge of landscape architectural construction including codes and development regulations
- Knowledge of construction materials and detailing. Detail drawings, sections, and material specifications
- Knowledge of ornamental and native plants in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Experience with green initiative programs and low-impact design (LEED, SITES, etc.)
- Excellent innovative design skills.
- Project research and analysis
- Strong, creative graphics skills and ability to adhere to office standards
- Both Computer and freehand illustration rendering skills
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) or related degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Licensed (or in pursuit of license) Landscape Architect
- Excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects.
- Strong project coordination and project management skills
- Comfortable in coordinating input from various organizations for public/private collaboration, including multi-discipline project efforts working with allied professionals such as architects, civil engineers, and planners
- Experience in developing and compiling/producing graphics supported reports
- Strong team collaboration skills
- We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40+ years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.