VHB’s growing South Portland, ME office is seeking a Site/Civil Engineer to support our land development projects.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work within a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans, reports and specifications for a multitude of land development projects
- Civil engineering for residential, institutional, and commercial real estate site design including grading and drainage design, utility design, and site and roadway layout
- Preparation and/or review of design criteria, drawings and specifications
- Preparation of permit packages for reviewing agencies
- Preparation of drainage analyses and reports
- Preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction contract documents
- Project task financial performance, and management of small or medium projects
- Engagement in business development and client relations
- Technical and design report writing
- Assist with construction administration services including construction observation and reporting and submittal reviews
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
Skills and Abilities
- Strong civil engineering background
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Excel in working in a team environment
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 3+ years of professional site/civil engineering experience
- EIT or PE preferred
- AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD and StormCAD experience
- Experience with GIS Systems
- Knowledge of local and state regulations governing site design
- Solid understanding of the typical land entitlement process in ME including permitting at the local and state level preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Any current new hires will likely be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.