VHB’s Orlando, FL, office is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to join their Land Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Civil Project Engineer | Orlando, FL
- Work within a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of residential and commercial projects
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents; e.g., create and prepare drainage and utility reports
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Have the opportunity to manage work and development of other staff
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment and knowledge of principles and techniques in making minor modifications
- Work under general supervision receiving instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions
- 4+ years of civil engineering experience in Land Development within a consulting firm
- Strong hands-on design experience
- Strong technical writing skills
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D, ICPR and WaterCAD is required. GIS experience is desired.
- Candidates shall provide a list of key project experience detailing their specific roles and responsibilities on each project. Examples of work product may be requested.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.