VHB’s growing Hauppauge, NY office is seeking an Site/Civil Project Manager to support our land development projects.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Site/Civil Project Manager | Hauppauge, NY
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects
- Manage small, medium, and large projects
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Manage work and development of other staff
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and multitask
- Strong computer skills (CAD & MS Office)
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 7+ years of professional site/civil engineering experience
- PE licensure in NY or ability to obtain within 12 months strongly preferred
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Experience with retail and/or institutional projects required
- Understanding of the Long Island marketplace
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.