VHB’s New York City office, named to Crain’s New York Business 100 Best Places to Work in New York City, is seeking a Deputy Project Manager/Environmental Scientist to join our growing energy practice.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, surveyors and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Deputy Project Manager/Environmental Scientist | New York City, NY
- Coordinate local, state, and federal permitting processes for offshore wind energy projects, with a particular focus on preparation of permit applications, BOEM Site Assessment and Construction and Operations Plans, Environmental Impact Statements, and technical studies and terrestrial and marine surveys
- Coordinate stakeholder outreach and engagement, including public meetings, tribal, federal and state agency consultation and coordination, and public comment-response tracking
- Support the Project Manager to perform project management responsibilities, including project scope development, cost estimation, staff resource identification, implementation oversight, budget tracking, and completion of administrative requirements
- Coordinate multidisciplinary VHB and subcontracted project teams
- Ensure quality control of environmental permit deliverables for projects
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to details, planning, and quality
- Team-oriented with strong capability to motivate others
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Must demonstrate superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- BS in planning, natural resources, environmental science, environmental engineering, biological science, or related field with a Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional environmental compliance consulting experience, with a focus in the offshore wind sector in the Northeast region
- Client management experience
- Relevant environmental project management experience
- Understanding of offshore wind energy development and the market
- Knowledge of federal and New York/New Jersey state environmental regulations and permitting, NEPA compliance, and the BOEM process
- Knowledge of federal and state energy siting processes
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.