VHB’s growing Bedford, NH office is seeking an experienced Site/Civil Engineer to support our land development projects.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, designers, and surveyors tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Site/Civil Engineer | Bedford, NH
- Work within a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans, reports, and specifications for a multitude of land development projects
- Civil engineering for residential and commercial site design including grading and drainage design, utility design, and site and roadway layout
- Preparation and/or review of design criteria, drawings, and specifications
- Preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction contract documents
- Assist in the preparation of permitting, design, and construction documents
- Project task financial performance, and management of small-to-medium projects
- Engagement in business development and client relations
- Technical and design report writing
- Attending meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Excel in working in a team environment
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 4+ years of professional site/civil engineering experience
- EIT or PE preferred
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and HydroCAD experience
- Experience with GIS Systems
- Knowledge of local and state regulations governing site design
- Solid understanding of the typical land entitlement process in NH, including permitting at the local and state level preferred
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.