WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB is seeking a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial, and experienced operations leader to serve as the Managing Director of our growing Orlando, Florida office. The successful candidate must have extensive operational and business development experience, broad knowledge of the delivery of integrated engineering, transportation, planning and environmental services to public and private sector clients, as well as a demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and manage staff. The individual must have deep industry relationships in the Central Florida region. The successful candidate must be able to lead the development and implementation of the office’s growth strategy, oversee complex projects and mentor staff.
- Establish the office’s annual business plan and oversee the achievement of business and financial goals
- Coordinate business development efforts to identify and pursue opportunities in multiple markets for public and private sector clients
- Lead and partner with office leadership team to establish and achieve the strategic initiatives for the office
- Conduct office leadership meetings and office-wide staff meetings
- Oversee project performance
- Participate in local market business community activities to further the prominence of VHB
- Develop and grow VHB staff, and acts as a mentor for all levels of the staff
- Lead go/no go and partnering decisions on strategic pursuits
- Oversee relationships with key clients and manage important project assignments
- Manage external visibility efforts
- Serve as a VHB ambassador, promoting VHB’s success and seeking innovative ways to lead industry
Skills and Attributes
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated track record in managing a growing office
- Proven ability to oversee a team of industry professionals
- Proven ability to generate new business
- Knowledgeable in a broad range of engineering, transportation, planning and environmental topics, spanning both the public and private sectors
- Ability to think and act strategically in developing business and pursuing client targets
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills, including ability to mentor staff and successfully managing complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Successful candidate will have 15+ years of relevant management experience in a multi-disciplinary firm
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, transportation planning, environmental services, or a related field; Master’s degree is preferred
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.