WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the site/civil, real estate, institutional, applied technology, transportation, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB is seeking a Senior Project Manager with at least 20-years of local DC, MD, and VA experience to join its growing Site/Civil practice as part of our Metro DC (Tysons and DC Offices) operations. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become a member of a growing team while working on assignments throughout the Metro DC area from initial scoping through construction documents for a wide range of site/civil engineering projects.
- Manage small, moderate, and large design projects, working within a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects
- Support preparation of design and permitting documents
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Manage workflow as well as development and mentoring of other staff
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Ability to lead teams of other professionals working on complex urban projects.
- Minimum of 20 years of professional site/civil engineering experience, specifically in DC, MD, and VA.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in DC and VA. Licensing in MD also highly desirable.
- Proficient in all aspects of site/civil design including site layout, grading, utility design, and erosion/sediment control, and stormwater management
- Superior understanding of DOEE, DC Water, DDOT, and other local agency review and approval processes is a must.
- CAD experience required (MicroStation/AutoCAD).
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.