WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, surveyors, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB’s growing Orlando, FL office is seeking an experienced Survey CAD Tech II to join our Survey team.
Perform various land surveying and CAD tasks under the direction of the Survey Manager including:
- Perform survey office calculations to process field data
- Perform public records research to obtain deeds, plans and other pertinent documents for the project
- Apply the Principles of Boundary Surveying to review and interpret deeds and plans to determine the location of boundary lines
- Perform CAD functions relating to the production and development of survey plans
- May perform field crew coordination and set up for all types of field surveys
- May direct the activities of a survey crew as needed
- May require occasional field work
Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of the basics of boundary, topographic, construction, and utility surveys, and platting
- Able to think critically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with survey staff and clients
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to conduct tasks independently and review work of others
- Proficiency of AutoCAD Civil 3D software is required
- HS Diploma or GED
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred, but not required
- 3+ years of progressive professional land surveying experience, including experience with AutoCAD and/or other drafting software
- Experienced in the Principles of Boundary Survey, Topographic, Construction/Utility Surveys and electronic data collection
- Thorough understanding of ALTA, boundary, topographical surveys and platting is required
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.