WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB’s Orlando, FL office is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Land Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope.
- Work within a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of residential and commercial projects
- Act as Engineer of Record for a wide variety of land development projects
- Lead the engineering design and preparation of plans and permitting documents, including site layout, stormwater, grading, and utilities systems
- Manage workflow for project team members to execute project design
- Mentor junior team members to develop sound engineering fundamentals and design practices
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines (including survey, geotechnical, environmental, traffic, planning, legal, etc., both internal and external) as part of a collaborative design process
- Manage quality control for all aspects of project design
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Work under general supervision receiving instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions
- 10+ years of civil engineering experience in Land Development within a consulting firm
- Fully competent in all conventional aspects of site/civil engineering, including site layout, stormwater design, utility design, and grading
- Strong experience in preparation of construction plans and supporting calculations
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience training and mentoring staff on engineering fundamentals and design concepts
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Proficiency in ICPR and WaterCAD is required. GIS experience is desired
- Project Management Experience, including financial responsibilities related to delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Candidates shall provide a list of key project experience detailing their specific roles and responsibilities on each project
- Examples of work product may be requested
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.