WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast.
About the Position
VHB’s Applied Technology Team includes technology and security specialists, GIS professionals, analysts and software engineers, architects, data scientists, and support staff who offer integrated services to public-and private-sector clients in a variety of markets.
Our Teams approach combines core service knowledge, data insights, and the application of technology to deliver innovative solutions for our clients’ planning, engineering and design, sustainability, and environmental compliance needs.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for leveraging data, along with the effective use of technology to achieve higher value results.
- Plan, design, develop, evaluate, test, and integrate basic systems infrastructure, including the implementation of hardware and software solutions both on premise and in the cloud
- Assists with the implementation, installation, maintenance, support, and administration of infrastructures both on premise and in the cloud (i.e., hardware, software, and various configurations)
- Implement vulnerability testing, threat analyses, and security checks (Security Assessments)
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and QA teams to resolve the problems and help integrate with existing pipelines and workflows
- Develop automation scripts and solutions for the purposes of streamlining, implementing, and testing enterprise applications
- Coordinates and documents system configurations and monitors transitions into production
- Performs root cause analysis on failed components and basic troubleshooting and remediation
- Creates and maintains programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and VHB policies and procedures
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fundamental technical skills with IT systems
- Experience with Azure Cloud a plus
- Experience with query languages such as SQL or Kusto Query Language a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell and Python is a plus
- Understanding of Single Sign On capabilities along with Azure AD understanding+
- Familiarity with web logs, HTTP headers, and web services is a plus
- Understanding of basic internet principles such as HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, Networking, Load Balancing, etc.
- Experience in supporting IIS and Windows environments a plus
- 0-2 years of IT systems engineering experience
- BS in Computer or Systems Engineering or Equivalent Certifications from Microsoft or related discipline
This role can be remote from anywhere in the US (expected working hours will be in the EST time zone), with a preference if you can drive to the head office in Orlando, FL. The role requires occasional travel.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.