About the Position
VHB’s CT team is looking for a talented Transportation Planner to join our growing practice!
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
- Assist in development of transportation planning studies for a multitude of transportation projects
- Support with authorship of project-related documentation for a range of transportation planning studies, demographic analyses, and multi-modal / transit-oriented projects
- Prepare written documents, summarize information collected by others, and assemble reports
- Conduct planning assessments using analytical tools such as GIS to evaluate data, identify trends, and develop documentation to summarize results
- Perform field data collection and other on-site project support activities
- Data analysis
- Monitoring of project milestones and progress
- Facilitation and coordination of meetings with partners and preparing detailed meeting notes
- Interfacing with clients on a daily basis through virtual and/or in-person meetings
- Assist with the preparation of technical presentations and materials to support information meetings (in person and virtual)
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management
- Familiarity with transportation planning and traffic engineering principles and resources (a focus on multimodal transportation, ped/bike mobility and safety preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Experience with using various ArcGIS platforms and graphics software
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret federal and state terminology
- Ability to take on new tasks and adapt to different work assignments and personalities
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Commitment to safety, quality, and customer service
- Effectively interact with VHB staff to advance projects in a timely manner
- 3-5+ years of professional transportation planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, civil engineering, or related field
- Experience related to the oversight of projects and agencies receiving federal and state funding (preferred)
- Basic understanding of CT’s coordinated transportation system, agencies, and their roles and functions (preferred)
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.