About the Position
VHB’s Hauppauge, NY team is looking for a versatile Traffic Engineering Project Manager to join our growing Transportation practice.
- Represents VHB at meeting with clients, agencies and stakeholders to establish needs and discuss/permitting issues
- Responsible for assigned client relationships, visibility, and business development
- Identifies and develops new project opportunities
- Mentors junior team members
- May supervise, plan, schedule and coordinate the work of junior engineers/designers
- Work with and lead a team of professionals to develop traffic and transportation planning and engineering solutions for a multitude of transportation projects
- Conduct and supervise traffic impact studies, transportation planning and scoping analysis
- Prepare and oversee planning documents, summarize information collected by others, and assemble reports
- Conduct and supervise intersection and roadway level of service analysis
- Develop intersection designs, including the design of traffic control devices, roundabouts, and multimodal facilities
Skills and Attributes
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures in civil engineering.
- Knowledge of local and state regulations governing site design.
- Skilled in industry-standard engineering design and analysis systems (e.g., CAD, GIS, stormwater
- hydrology and hydraulics, traffic simulation).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team oriented with ability to perform multiple tasks independently in a timely manner and
- collaborate effectively and positively with coworkers.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented
- 8-11+ years of traffic engineering experience required
- 2+ years of project management experience preferred
- Experience with NYSDOT and Nassau and Suffolk Counties ideal
- BS in Civil Engineering (a master’s degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- PE license required
- Experience with traffic capacity analysis software (Synchro, HCS, Sidra, VISSIM, TransModeler)
- Experience with GIS/MicroStation/AutoCAD a plus
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.