About the Position
At VHB, we’re leveraging data and technology across our operations, markets, and services to provide innovative, future-ready solutions to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. Today, technology-enabled consulting has never been more important, and at VHB, it’s at the center of all we do, which is why we are seeking a Regional Technology Enablement Lead for the Mid-Atlantic Region (Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina) to lead our growing Technology practice.
Regional Technology Enablement Lead, Mid-Atlantic Region | Washington, DC , Tysons, Corner, Richmond, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Raleigh, or Charlotte
In this role, you will join a group delivering some of the most transformative technology projects across the region while overseeing business development activities and project delivery. You will establish, guide, direct, and oversee VHB’s Technology Enabled program throughout our current and targeted footprint to outline VHB’s strategic approach, identify a roadmap for successful growth, and assess new business ventures. Business development efforts will include client management and maintenance, new opportunity identification, and leading major project pursuits. Project delivery services will include leading complex application development and analysis projects from the early design phase through development and deployment. Typical projects involve safety management systems, big data analytics for multi-modal planning, and GIS on-call services.
- Develop a vision and implementation strategy for local and regional groups, and communicate these across the region
- Maintain active market knowledge while understanding internal and external capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Support regional and corporate strategic initiatives while promoting a OneVHB mentality
- Assist with annual business planning when we set our goals for the upcoming year
- Guide business development efforts with an emphasis on advance positioning and early identification of strategic pursuits
- Coordinate teaming decisions with leadership
- Drive the use of innovative technology within the markets served by VHB core service groups in the region
- Lead and oversee key pursuits
- Manage and grow key client relationships
- Establish strategic partnerships with technology vendors
- Serve as team leader of the regional technology staff
- Support the advancement of elevating data/technology with the regional team members
- Take an active role in the development and mentoring of staff
- Manage high-profile projects of various size and complexity
- Develop, manage, and maintain project schedules and budgets
- Lead development of project deliverables and provide quality control
- Collaborate with PMO to manage financial progress on projects
- Represent VHB at regional conferences, seminars, and industry events
- Manage and prepare technical and cost proposals
- Develop or oversee training programs that position VHB to be forward thinking on data and technology initiatives
Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of a broad range of practical technologies with a depth of skill and experience in one or more of the specific focus areas that VHB is advancing
- General understanding of each of the services VHB delivers to clients
- Strong leadership skills with ability to coordinate subject matter experts in areas beyond own expertise
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team oriented with ability to perform multiple tasks independently in a timely manner and collaborate effectively and positively with all levels of the organization, including Market/Service Leaders within the office, region, and throughout VHB
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Skills and knowledge must be commensurate with required experience and job level
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop a vision for the practice
- Ability to thrive in highly collaborative team environments
- Deep market knowledge and visibility across the industry
- Ability and interest to engage, inspire, mentor our best and brightest
- Excellent project management skills
- 10+ years of IT experience, preferably in the AEC industry
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Prior leadership experience
- Demonstrated and progressive relationship with Mid-Atlantic-area clients such as DDOT, VDOT, NCDOT, RDU, BWI, CATS, GoTriangle, WMATA and other state and local government clients in the area.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.