VHB has an immediate need for a Regional Transportation Technology Manager for the local region to drive growth and to direct execution of VHB’s Transportation Technology programs in the local market.
The successful candidate responsible for establishing, guiding, directing, and overseeing VHB’s Transportation Technology services within the local market, consistent with VHB’s Strategic Plan and OneVHB.
The Transportation Technology Manager will partner with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and the Transportation Technology Director, in outlining VHB’s strategic approach, identifying a roadmap for successful growth, evaluating performance, developing strategic planning, and assessing new business ventures in the transportation market.
- Drives growth and directs execution of VHB’s Transportation Technology programs, working with CTO, Transportation Technology Group Leader (TTG), local Regional Manager (RM), and Service Leaders (SL) to bring the best transportation technology to client challenges (“value engineering with technology”).
- Provides project executive oversight on key transportation-related technology projects to help ensure clear scoping and financially viable deliverables in the short and long term.
- In collaboration with TTG Leaders and RM, identifies, develops, recruits and mentors VHB’s future transportation personnel with a focus on technology, including those with strong business development and client relationship expertise.
- Understands the latest trends in transportation technology and works with SLs and RM to build and maintain local market knowledge to assist TTG leaders in making appropriate investment and prioritization decisions.
- Evaluates strategic initiatives and provide guidance to CTO, TTG leaders, Regional Managers and Market and Service leaders as to their alignment with the overall transportation technology enabled strategy. Develop our vision for VHB in the coming years to achieve a strategic position in the Transportation Technology market for local region.
- Provide technical knowledge ITS / Transportation Technology that ranges from planning, design, implementation, and operations of roadside infrastructure.
- Understand the current Transportation Technology services / staff resources provided by VHB, and coordinate team strengths and weaknesses.
- Assist marketing in development of VHB’s external visibility, branding and promotional efforts related to Transportation Technology in local markets. In addition, represent VHB at conferences, seminars, industry events and provide technical presentations.
- Serve as Principal in Charge / Project Management on major strategic pursuits. Leads go / no-go decisions supporting the local RM and Managing Director (MD) related to complex Transportation Technology pursuits.
- Supports the development and implementation of innovation project program.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic aptitude sees the bigger picture and is passionate about driving transportation technology and results.
- Ability to create TDM strategies meeting the needs of the clients utilizing existing infrastructure to the maximum extent.
- Demonstrates future focus, creates a compelling vision – inspires others to see the way forward and take appropriate risks despite challenges.
- Understands our industry, champions innovation, challenges status quo and remains at the forefront of evolving industry and economic trends.
- Exhibits business acumen, including sound judgment and decision-making.
- Strong bias for action, drives performance, and focuses on results and progress.
- Demonstrates passion for VHB, its markets, and its clients.
- Leads VHB’s reputation as a critical asset while safeguarding VHB’s interests.
- Prioritizes client acquisition and retention.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration – creates a climate in which people want to give their best to the organization and one another.
- Excellent communicator: verbal and non-verbal; one-on-one and group dynamics.
- Exhibits integrity and conviction – a conscience for VHB; outwardly supporting the organizations beliefs and mission, standing with confidence on difficult issues.
- Leads with courage, energy and drive and a strong work ethic - courageously addresses the toughest issues, resolving them in ways that demonstrated dedication to VHB, its clients and employees.
- Develops trusting relationships at all levels (internally and externally).
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering; Master’s degree is preferred
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience in the transportation technology market
- PE license preferred
- Demonstrated previous experience in developing the strategic framework necessary for implementing a sustainable practice in the transportation technology sector
- Strong collaboration skills and willingness to travel
- Understands local agency initiatives related to technology and can assist in positioning VHB to support
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.