WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
Work in a team where your voice is heard and where ideas and vision are listened too. In this role you'll be developing, writing and producing a wide range of proposals and qualifications, with limited supervision, compliance with client deadlines, proposal budgets, and quality expectations.
You'll also support the facilitation of proposal strategy formulation, content development, and materials production.
- Synthesize, interpret, and lead through proposal lifecycle including RFP specifications, leading kick off meetings, collaborating with technical staff on writing assignments, and compiling final submission materials.
- Develop tailored, meaningful content and design for marketing team-assigned sections, with editing and re-writing guidance from senior marketing partner.
- Review and understand the need to re-message and/or differentiate content developed by technical practitioners.
- Support client presentations
- Shadow Senior Marketers during Super Strategic pursuits. Provide support and/or may serve as lead on a section of a complex pursuit
- Actively participate in pursuit strategy and capture planning sessions. Contribute to SWOT analysis and identify gaps in intelligence.
- Help track publicly posted project updates and news stories, as applicable, and share the news with the pursuit team.
- Develop award visibility submittals for key projects/pursuits.
- Work with Marketing leadership to help create and share overall visibility opportunities that help promote VHB’s thought leadership and brand prominence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Persuasive writing techniques.
- Ability to quickly and accurately edit and reformat documents while under time constraints.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fast learner.
- Efficient work style with a strong sense of collaboration. Works effectively and independently in high-pressure team environment to manage multiple tasks in parallel and meet all deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changes in program schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation, and self-discipline.
- Ability to serve as an active strategist and collaborative partner with technical staff.
- 3+ years of proposal, writing, or marketing experience, preferably in A/E/C or related environment. Prior experience producing proposals.
- BA in English, Marketing, Communications, or similar.
- Involvement and certification in industry affiliations, preferred (e.g., CPSM, APMP).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe Creative Suite programs (specifically Indesign).
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.