About the Position
VHB’s Orlando, FL office is seeking an Associate Director of Land Development to join our growing Land Development and Planning and Design team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. Our past and present clients include residential, commercial, industrial, hospitality, and institutional clients from throughout the eastern United States.
- Identify, develop, and manage project pursuit opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of land entitlement permitting documents
- Develop project scopes and work plans for effective and efficient delivery of design services.
- Lead a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of small, medium, and large land development projects
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a variety of projects including large-scale industrial developments, corporate/commercial, residential, institutional, hospitality, healthcare, parks and recreation and various other types of public and private site development
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Verbal presentation and representation of projects
- Design charrette team member
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Travel as necessary to service projects/design
- Participation as an integral member of VHB’s Land Development and Planning and Design practice, which includes collaboration and work sharing with VHB’s offices throughout the East Coast.
- Work with and coordinates with Regional Land Development Market and Service Leaders
- Manage team workload and actively develop and mentor junior-level and mid-level staff
Skills and Attributes
- Proven record of strong business development, building and maintain strong Client relationships, strategic planning, and pursuits
- Highly Proficient in the following: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Project, MS Office. ArcGIS skills highly desirable
- Skills to implement the integrated services approach. Comprehensive understanding of design, details, and construction drawing preparation including site layout, grading, hardscape, drainage, and planting
- Knowledge of land development construction including codes and development regulations
- Knowledge of construction materials and detailing. Detail drawings, sections, and material specifications
- Experience with green initiative programs and low-impact design (LEED, Envision)
- Excellent innovative design skills
- Project research and analysis
- Strong, creative engineering skills and ability to adhere to office standards
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 12+ years of increasing engineering experience on complex projects and team management
- PE licensure in Florida
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects
- Strong project coordination and project management skills
- Strong team collaboration skills and proven record of building and managing the team of land development engineers, planners, and landscape architects
- Comfortable in coordinating input from various organizations for public/private collaboration, including multi-discipline project efforts working with allied professionals such as architects, civil engineers, and planners
- Experience in developing and compiling/producing site plans, construction documents, specification, and engineering reports
We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!