About the Position
VHB’s Hauppauge and White Plains, NY offices are looking for a Senior Transportation Engineering Manager in the Transportation Department to join our growing team. VHB’s Transportation group has earned a reputation as one of the preeminent traffic engineering and transportation planning teams in Suburban New York. This position provides an opportunity to lead complex transportation projects for major institutional, real estate, and governmental clients and play an important role in expanding and shaping the group. We are looking for someone with a blend of project management skills, technical expertise, managerial skills, and innovative thinking.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
- Serve as Senior Project Manager for major institutional, real estate, governmental and energy clients
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Manage staff, and provide technical and professional development of staff
- Assist with strategy for expansion of transportation services in Long Island and Westchester
- Monitor project financial performance
- Attend and lead meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss traffic analysis and transportation design/permitting issues
- Execute scope associated with transportation planning, operations and/or design for projects as necessary
- Participate in professional organizations that promote relationships with clients and teaming partners
- Develop new project opportunities, and prepare and manage proposal submissions
Skills and Attributes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to think critically
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Strong and collaborative work ethic
- Excels working in a team environment
- Substantial technical and project management experience
- Ability to manage a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in traffic engineering
- Advanced knowledge of local and state regulations governing transportation design
- Software exposure: GIS/MicroStation/AutoCAD, Synchro, HCS, Sidra, VISSIM, TransModeler, a plus
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, transportation planning or similar discipline
- 15+ years of professional transportation engineering experience, with at least 10 years of experience working in the NY market, required
- NY Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Experience working in Long Island, NY preferred
- Proven success in the institutional, real estate, transportation and/or, state & local government market sectors
This position requires COVID-19 vaccination per client requirements.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.