About the Position
The Federal Research Specialist will support our Federal Market’s efforts in business development, market initiatives and administrative activities. This position will report to the Federal Market Contract Administrator.
- Conduct federal market research
- Facilitate business development strategy sessions with federal teams
- Track ongoing federal opportunities utilizing government websites and GovWin
- Research federal funding that impacts VHB’s federal practice
- Report on and analyze market trends and their impact to VHB’s federal practice
- Support pursuit champions in pre-positioning and gathering market intelligence
- Provide background information on key market pursuits
- Provide input to assist in completing reports for Board of Directors, Executive Committee, etc.
- Track and report on progress of market initiatives
- Serve as liaison between Project Managers and Marketing on proposal efforts
- Track performance on existing on-call/IDIQ contracts
- Organize and maintain project and federal market files
- Assist in the preparation of subcontractor agreements and completion of government forms
- Input and maintain project contract and financial information in necessary databases
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for ongoing contracts
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal databases such as SAM, GSA, GovWin, FPDS
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat to edit and create files
- Knowledge of the FAR preferred
- Proficiency with research techniques
- Proficient in the use of Excel. Ex: formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of federal acquisition process
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis to various VHB offices (mostly Mid-Atlantic)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of professional research, business development and/or administrative experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in government contracting
- This position requires COVID-19 vaccination per client requirements
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.