About the Position
VHB's Newark, NJ office has an immediate need for a market-connected, experienced seller-doer Senior Project Manager, Licensed Site Investigation & Remediation Professional to join our growing Site Investigation & Remediation practice!
- Manages, plans, develops, organizes, and implements environmental investigation and remediation projects
- Explores subject area, defines scope, selects areas for investigation, and develops novel concepts
- Oversees the planning strategy and approves project proposals and contracts
- Determines client requirements and develops plans, specifications, drawings, instructions, cost estimates, reports, final bid packages, and related documents
- Engages and leads technical proposal teams or a major component of a proposal team
- Leads research teams to solve complex problems
- Performs project reviews and quality control audits to measure the quality level of the project deliverables to industry standard specifications and zoning/regulatory requirements
- Investigates any quality problems that lead to project changes and modifies project plans as needed
- Ensures each project complies with federal, state, and local environmental regulations
- Establishes and monitors budgets to assess profitability
- Acts as technical liaison within and outside VHB with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters on environmental projects
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability
- Represents VHB at meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish needs and discuss design/permitting issues
- Responsible for client relationships, visibility, and business development
- Provides direction and guidance to technical team members and reviews their work for technical accuracy
- Mentors and may supervise junior team members from one or more disciplines
Skills and Attributes
- Strong understanding of applicable New Jersey regulatory requirements
- Extensive experience managing and performing preliminary assessments, site investigations, remedial investigations and remedial actions in northern and central New Jersey, including urban environments
- Demonstrated experience working as a trusted advisor to clients
- Strong business development skills with an established network of clients and potential clients
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to mentor junior staff and work in a team-based atmosphere
- Motivated and able to problem-solve
- Strong knowledge of site assessment/characterization, data analysis, remediation techniques, and risk assessment is required
- B.S. in a Natural Science related field (Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources)
- 15+ years of environmental remediation experience, depending on level of education
- Master’s Degree preferred (a Master’s degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification and annual refresher certifications required
- NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professional required
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.