About the Position
VHB’s growing Bedford, NH office is looking for a Stormwater/Water Resource Engineer with project management experience and a solid reputation in the New England region to join our Environmental team. This is an opportunity for an experienced water resources professional to join a diverse water resource group and help manage and grow our water quality and stormwater design work. We provide water resource related services involving stormwater permitting, stormwater master planning, water quality monitoring, watershed management plans, and the design of stormwater measures.
- Work within a team of professionals to develop design engineering plans, reports, and specifications for a multitude of water resources design projects.
- Support our transportation and land development teams in the design of stormwater BMPs and achieving regulatory approvals.
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them.
- Manage projects to meet financial performance goals and quality control objectives.
- Develop project proposals, scopes of work and budgets and mentor and aid in staff development.
- Embrace VHB’s Client for Life philosophy and establish long-term relationships with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to meet and foresee their engineering design and permitting needs.
Skills and Attributes
- Have experience preparing stormwater BMP design and drainage plans and reports.
- Experience in stormwater and water quality modeling, pollutant reduction loading analysis and treatment measures, water quality sampling, watershed management and stream restoration are highly desirable.
- Experience with NH Department of Environmental Services water resources, NHDOT submittal process, and Alteration of Terrain permitting processes, preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with municipal stormwater permitting.
- Strong technical and critical thinking skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, partner, influence, consult, and collaborate with all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency with one or more CADD platforms required; MicroStation and OpenRoads preferred, AutoCAD acceptable.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Pro is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- 5-8+ years of professional water resource engineering experience (a master’s may be substituted for 2 years of experience).
- Prior experience with NHDOT and municipal project experience is preferred.
- New Hampshire PE license preferred, (or the ability to obtain within one year).
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.