About the Position
VHB’s Water Resources team is hiring an experienced Water Resources Engineer in Orlando, FL to join our growth and work on prestigious projects across the State for Public and Private clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for professionals looking to advance their careers with VHB, ranked #25 in Florida Design Firms in 2022 ENR Southeast. We offer a hybrid work environment (voted among the best places to work in 2022 by Orlando Business Journal).
- Work with a team of water resource and interdisciplinary professionals to provide technical analysis and evaluations and develop cost-effective innovative solutions for a variety of water resource projects
- Prepare hydrologic and hydraulic studies to support floodplain management, culvert and bridge design, stream restoration design, and dam removal feasibility and design
- Prepare and review stormwater management system, culvert, and natural system design drawings and specifications
- Prepare technical reports, plans, and specifications
- Responsible for project task management including task financial performance
- Develop project proposals, scopes of work, and fee estimates
- Mentor junior staff in both technical and professional aspects
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss engineering design/permitting issues
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with the capability to motivate others
- Must demonstrate superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- BS in Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of professional water resources engineering and analysis experience
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulics calculations and modeling
- Experience in transportation drainage, bridge scour calculations, and countermeasure design is highly desirable
- Experience with Florida Water Management Districts Rules & Permitting Procedures, preparing design plans & specifications, and preparing technical reports
- Experience with task management and people management/mentoring
- Proficiency with relevant software including Autocad, ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-SSP and HY-8, HydroCAD, StormCAD, SWMM, OpenRoad (ORD), Microsoft Word, and Excel
- EIT/PE licensure preferred
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.