About the Position
VHB’s growing Orlando, FL office is looking for a Senior CAD Designer to join our Land Development practice. The position is flexible with remote options for well-qualified candidates.
- Develops engineering drawings, conceptual plans, and exhibits for a variety of projects ranging in size and complexity
- Plans, researches, and produces contract drawings based on constraints defined by the project engineer, review agencies, and client needs
- Designs utility systems based on information, schematics, and calculations prepared by project engineers
- Determines CAD usage and application on projects
- Recognizes and resolves potential construction conflicts and difficulties identified during design
- Aids in preparation of technical specifications as requested by the project engineer
- Estimates number of sheets and contract drawings as well as production time required for design manager’s review
- Ensures overall consistency, quality, technical accuracy, and design on projects
Skills and Attributes
- Effective written, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills produce high-quality deliverables in an efficient manner
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Motivated to lead and mentor others on CAD and drawing production procedures
- Has a persistent initiative to continually learn new technical practices and to earn the confidence of clients, company management/colleagues, and regulators
- High school diploma
- 5+ years of experience in CADD design for private and municipal Land Development projects
- Must be knowledgeable in basic construction practices for civil construction, be able to generate drawings for engineers, and make suggestions for further development
- Must be proficient in Civil 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in plan set production for local projects preferred
- Knowledge of GIS is plus
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.