About the Position
VHB’s Bedford, NH office is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our growing Transportation practice. This position provides an opportunity to work on complex transportation projects for major federal, state, and local clients and plays an important role in expanding and shaping the group.
- Working with a team of engineers, produce and deliver roadway/highway design projects from inception through the construction administration phase
- Pre-design project planning and technical task management
- Design of roadway and active transportation projects
- Drainage and Stormwater design
- Development of geometric layout and grading, and model-based design.
- Manage the development of technical designs, specifications, cost estimates, reports, and final bid packages.
- Attend and lead meetings with clients and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss transportation design/permitting issues
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance on project deliverables
Skills and Attributes
- Substantial technical experience
- Ability to multitask and think critically
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and committed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, including mentoring younger staff
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in transportation engineering
- Advanced knowledge of local and state regulations governing transportation design
- Proficiency in MicroStation InRoads/OpenRoads, AutoCAD and Civil3D, and HydroCAD is preferred
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Master’s degree preferred (a master’s degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- 8-11 years of transportation/highway design engineering experience required
- 11-15 years of transportation engineering experience preferred
- NH Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Experience working with NHDOT, and NH municipalities is preferred
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.