ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s growing New England Regional team is seeking two Project Accounting/Billing Specialists with Department of Transportation (DOT) client experience to support our project needs; one located in MA and other in ME.
- Preparation, review, reporting, and disbursement of invoices and client contract billings, project expenses, accounts receivable/payable, and related accounting functions
- Carries out billing, collection, and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Acknowledges correspondence and responds to employee inquiries involving complex accounting/financial processing questions
- Analyzes client contracts with project managers to establish monthly billings.
- Assists with project setup/budgeting, including review of contract compensation and billing methods
- Assists with research and resolution of client invoicing questions
- Assists with accounts receivable collection
- Performs client and subconsultant contract maintenance, including reviewing client contract files to identify variances, omissions, or questionable situations
Skills and Attributes
- Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting/finance/billing principles, methods, and procedures within Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry for Department of Transportation clients
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Experience using accounting/financial/contract management software/systems: Deltek Vision
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, customer service, and organizational skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Team-oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- 4+ years of accounting, billing, and contract administration experience within Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry for Department of Transportation (DOT) clients required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or equivalent field
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.