VHB’s growing and we have en opening for an experienced Highway Engineer to join our Transportation Design team.
Duties include highway engineering, stormwater management and drainage design, cost estimating, and report writing.
- Conceptual and final design of roadway, highway, and multi-modal engineering solutions for a variety of transportation-related projects including development of geometric horizontal and vertical layout, grading and drainage design, and utilities layout
- Preparation and review of roadway design criteria, calculations, drawings, estimates, and specifications
- Development of 3D modeling for conceptual roadway alignments
- Temporary traffic control development
- Constructability development and review
- Typical section development and pavement design
- Preparation of right-of-way and easement plans
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively in both in-office and virtual environments
- Ability to balance concurrent projects
- Detail oriented, self-motived, and committed
- Strong computer skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS a plus
- 3+ years of transportation engineering experience
- EIT preferred
- Demonstratable AutoCAD / Civil3D experience required
- Infraworks or SketchUp experience a plus
- Familiarity with MassDOT project development a plus
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ge
nder identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.