ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s South Burlington, Vermont office is seeking a Structural Designer to join our team.
- Perform conceptual, preliminary, and final design of bridges, retaining walls, and simple vertical structures including traffic sign and signal supports
- Perform bridge inspections and load capacity ratings
- Perform bridge scoping studies and alternatives analyses
- Drafting of project details and plans using MicroStation software platforms
- Calculate construction item quantities and cost estimates
- Develop construction contract documents and specifications
Skills and Attributes
- Effective and comfortable in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality
- Eager to learn and take on technical challenges
- BS in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis)
- 0-1 years of professional experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and MathCAD
- MicroStation or AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Finite Element Modeling (FEM) software experience is a plus
- EIT/EI preferred, or the ability to obtain within 6 months
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.